Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Reader's Response To March 12 Post: Sharing The Power Of Desire


        Gal 5:7  Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?
Gal 5:8  This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.

Wow!  What happened?  You were running so well.  You had your focus on Christ and your aim toward elevating the glory of God for the sake of our young men and building them up in faith so our communities would have a strong backbone of young men.  Wow!  What happened?  You seemed to have moved back into the “all roads lead to heaven” movement.  It also seems that this “power within us” is nothing more that pride, self-adoration, and the danger of Nebuchadnezzar which is self idolization (see Daniel 4).  Boy do I wish that I was wrong.  I have read the blog over and over, hoping for a sign that I was mistaken but the only time God was invoked was to rub His lamp and make a wish to fulfill the lusts of man and not praise, thanksgiving, or surrender.  How about the power of desiring the will of God? 

You have always said that I was harsh.  I truly am not trying to be but I would much rather be lovingly harsh with your eternal wellbeing in mind than to sit by and allow you to lose the precious ground that you had gained.  We are not able to “help ourselves or save ourselves” apart from submission to God through His Son, Jesus.  There is not power within us to draw from.  If we are so powerful, why should we ever have to pray?  Why don’t we just use our own power to grant our own desires?  Nevermind.  If I remember correctly, we have been through all of this before.   
     
I hope and pray that you are able to read these words from a friend who glorifies in the saving grace of God towards you.  Apart from glorifying God through His Son, Jesus, I have nothing to say. 

I hope you can write me back and tell me that I got everything all wrong.  If not, know that I love you and your family and I will continue to pray for you and your vision as long as God is the sole director of it.
     
Jud 1:24  Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
       Jud 1:25  To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion
       and power, both now and ever. Amen.



 From timetohollaback
 Greetings,

I truly appreciate your response and hope that all who misinterpreted my message will read our interaction. I’m still totally aware of the fact that nothing…nothing…nothing is accomplished without the Grace of God.  My intent is to remind the reader, especially our youth, that all of us have been given the power and obligation to share the attributes of love such as peace, joy, and understanding with one another.  My prayer is that we make it a conscious desire.

From the perspective of being an Interfaith minister, I see this blog as an opportunity to bring attention to the Oneness of the universe and to inspire people to see themselves in each other, regardless of the road on which they travel. This focus on Oneness--all of us being connected to the Source of Life and to one another--is where I stand.  We may not all focus on invoking the Name of God in our conversations.  However, it is certainly imperative that we demonstrate, as Jesus did, unconditional love through our actions.

Neither of us is right or wrong, and there’s true beauty in sharing diverse perspectives. I invite everyone to read and respond as we travel this road of happy destiny, so that we can expand our consciousness through communication. We are all made perfect for the Creator’s Purpose. It’s up to us to use what we have been given for the benefit of others. 

Blessings


Feel me? Don't feel me? Holla Back anyway to: grace.calvin187@gmail.com and your responses will  be posted on the next blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment