Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Transitions


Ever been at a point in your life where you said… “Stop this train, I wanna get off ?” Then you thought about it and realized, “That means life for me in this realm is over. I really ain’t ready for that, so I’m gonna stay on this thing and ride it till the wheels fall off… at least for now.” 

What about the time when you’re feeling on top of the world. Things are moving so well on your behalf, that you’re saying, “Man, I should probably slow down cause, If it gets any better than this, I might explode.”

Then there’s the scenario where all you want to say is.”Whatever.”  Why? Because you’re trying to make a decision, and it seems that no matter what choice you make things are not really going to get any better.

Well, these are all what I call transitional scenarios. They are those times in your life when  something happens, and the only sensible thing to do is to go with the flow and hope that what’s really going on will become clear after all is said and done. Now that sounds good mind you, but ain’t so easy to do, cause stuff is coming at you all the time. You can’t even finish one thing before something else pops up, and before you can go with the flow you’re experiencing one of the above three scenarios…Ridin that fast train, feeling so good that you’re scared of what might happen next, or giving up on trying cause it seems that things ain’t ever gonna get any better.

I’ve been there, and done all that ya’ll.  As a matter of fact, I’ve experienced all three scenarios in the past three days. It’s happened because my wife Nicole and I have made one of, if not the largest transition of our entire lives. We’ve moved to the city of Irvine in Orange County, California. What’s the big deal you say? White folks is my response. I’ve gone to school with em, worked with em, argued with em, partied with em, fought with em, marched with em, but I ain’t never ever bought a house in their neighborhood. We’re here now though, and as I look back, I’m grateful that my life has been a preparation for a time such as this.

I’m no longer desiring to stop this train I’m on, I’m not nervous about the many unexpected benefits that have come our way, nor am I comfortable with letting whatever happens happen. What I am excited about is dealing with what is happening. 

I’m in an environment that I’ve heard not such good things about, from a racial perspective, and I’m still reeling from the recent attacks on black folks. Conversely, the deal we struck in buying this house might seem too good to be true, but the fact of the matter is that the way we view things now is a result of how we’ve viewed our past situations. By the Grace of God we’ve managed to get through them all, so right now I’m going to view this particular scenario as being exactly as it should be.

Change is gonna come, and you already know that I’m going to keep you posted on how we’re dealing with what’s going on here in Irvine. Till then I’m suggesting that we not stress about what might happen, but spiritually prepare ourselves, on a daily basis, for whatever can happen, cause that ain’t ever gonna stop. But know this, history does repeat itself; and because we made it through the last situation….we’ll get through this one as well.


I’ll holla…

To comment or respond please click on the word comments at the bottom of this page, or email me at grace.calvin187@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Right on time as usual my brother. I am very much in transition right. Having gotten laid off the job I did for 23 years. I'm confident that God will do his part. My status has changed with a job but not with the provider. I am thankful that you write these blogs my brother. Never think for one moment that they don't matter because they they definitely matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my Brother for your much appreciated support and for sharing your faith and belief in our Creator. Miss you man and looking forward to our next encounter.

    ReplyDelete