Sunday, October 4, 2015

Ain't It Wonderful

Woke up this morning feeling congested, exhausted, and immersed in a continuum of 66 year old pain. Nothing to be alarmed about per se, but this is the fourth time in a row I’ve gotten up feeling like a bunch of people beat my ass while I was sleep. What concerned me was that if I’d gone through drug withdrawal symptoms countless times, and they always subsided within 72 hours, why is this flu-like condition, still in full effect after more than 96 hours? 

Then I reflected on my recent bout with cancer and hepatitis. I thought about the fact that I had worked at least 14 hours a day for the past two weeks, moving into that new house and making it look like Nicole and Calvin’s house. Life is always going to do what it do, and these and other factors have definitely played a role in my temporary setback. However, I’ve decided that on this day, no matter what, I’m gonna get out of this bed and experience Louis Armstrong’s song… ‘What A Wonderful World’.

I sincerely believe that nothing takes place in anyone’s life, including dialogue, that is not related to something happening right then or that will be taking place sometime later on. My intent thereby, is to listen and to learn. When I got up this morning, remembering Louis Armstrong’s song, I became determined to live it, by sharing this blog with you. Not because I got so much to say, but because we have all been put here to share what we have experienced, in order that others might benefit.

It’s a definite delight to get up feeling wonderfully alive just because you can, and what a joy to be excited about the opportunity to say to, and/or do something for, somebody else. We can all create beauty through conversations, music and the arts, and then participate in the love that comes from doing so. But what about t he days we get up feeling like I did, and really don’t want anybody to know that, right now, the world, as we see it, ain’t all that wonderful.

So glad I got up this morning with wonderful on my mind cause it don’t happen all the time. There are quite a few times I ask myself…Why am I feeling this way?” Or
What I’m gon do about this, that or the other?” Well, It’s a new day, another opportunity to make it wonderful for you and for me. So Im gonna finish this blog, and look forward to what lies ahead.

Let me close by sharing my rendition of those Louis Armstrong lyrics, so that perhaps they will enhance your day as they have done mine. 

I see skies of blue, clouds of white,
Bright blessed days, dark sacred nights,
And I think to myself…What a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky,
Are also on the faces, of people passing by,
I see friends shaking hands, saying how do you do,
What they’re really saying is …I love you.

I hear babies cryin, as I watch em grow,
They’ll learn more, than I’ll ever know,
And I think to myself, What a wonderful world.

I think to myself, what a wonderful world.  Oh, Yea.


I’ll holla… 

To comment or respond please click on the word comments at the bottom of this page, or email me at grace.calvin187@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment