Monday, November 9, 2015

Do It When You Do

Had a few plans for today, that didn’t work out as intended. Got up about 8:00am, did my postures and sounds, then after eating breakfast and watching Wendy Williams, I wound up on Facebook. Before I knew what had happened, it was 5:24PM, and I was just getting started on this blog, which was only one of the intended plans.

Haven’t we come up with some great thoughts and wonderful ideas ya’ll? Have you ever been by yourself somewhere, or in a deep conversation with somebody, and all of a sudden a thought that seemed beyond your capacity to even imagine, came to mind? After realizing that you need to do something before you forget, you wrote it down, store it in your memory bank, or put it on your to do list and vowed that some day, in some way, you’re going to make that thought become a reality.

Now I’m not just talking of those giant thoughts. I’m speaking of the little ones as well. You’re sitting in the living room and you notice all the dust and tiny bits of debris under the couch. Or you’re in the bedroom and you see cake, cookie or some other kind of crumb on the carpet. Maybe you’re in the bathroom and see small strands of hair in the corner. It’s evening time though, you’ve had a relatively busy day, and you say to yourself, “I need to address that, first chance I get…on tomorrow.”

Well, here it is tomorrow, and everything is the same as it was yesterday. Last night’s intent to tidy up is still pending, but there are so many other things, like eating, watching TV, or relaxing, that you’d be better off if you did right now. These things wind up  being all you’re gonna do, cause you’ve had a relatively busy day, doing other stuff that you don’t even remember having done.

Everything’s okay though, cause at some point company’s gonna come over, and you already know that once they let you know they’re coming, you’re gonna do something in the way of tidying up before they get there. That great idea you came up with? It’s also gonna manifest, even if it takes 20 years, cause it’s going to keep popping up in your mind until you do something about it.

What do I think about all this? Nothing. I got enough on my plate right now without attempting to come up with some intellectual or philosophical ideology, that will only gives me more stuff to do.  All I have to say for now is reflected in my friend Jean Ann’s voicemail..

"Hi, this is Jean Ann.  I'm out living life to the fullest and I hope that you’re doing the same.  We're living in wonderful times and in troubled times.  But life is still extremely exciting."

Life actually is exciting, and I’m going to live it as it comes. As for the plans I had earlier, I did write this blog. As for the other plans, as long as my not doing them right now doesn’t cause anybody any harm, I’ll just do them…when I do.


I’ll holla…

To comment or respond please click on the word comments at the bottom of this page, or email me at grace.calvin187@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment