Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Numbers Speak For Themselves...What Do We Do

Just computed statistics on the 129 blogs I’ve written since March 12, 2012, and found that I have had 14,413 pageviews, since that date, which averages out to about 111 people having read each blog. What does this revelation have to do with anything. Well,  in terms of numbers, it means that out of over 6 billion people on the planet, there are only about 111 people that read each blog.

As for me, it serves as a reminder that I have work to do, cause I’m still allowing myself to get caught up in how much attention I’m getting, rather than how much focus I’m putting on the lives of others. And as reflected in a blog dated April 17, 2012, entitled ‘Seeing Me In You’,  “Behavior doesn’t change overnight, but I’m going to purpose from this point on to respect rather than begrudge, to relate rather than compare, to build up rather than tear down”.

Another blog entitled “Facebook Is Real…Are You”, written June 29, 2016, spoke directly about our afflictions with and addictions to how many ‘friends’ and ‘likes’  we accumulate on our facebook page(s)., and here I am, the very next week, concerned with how many people read my blogs. It’s a reality check y’all, and I’m so elated that God has blessed me with another opportunity, to see how easy it is to get caught up in the matrix of virtual reality, and thereby disconnect myself from the sunshine of the spirit. 

The following is the introduction to the webpage “Time To Holla Back”, and was not intended as a blog. It’s listed as one however, with 41 pageviews by the way, and it speaks volumes to the message being conveyed here. Here’s how it goes:

“Like to thank all of you for accessing my blog, and hope that we can all connect to the spiritual consciousness inherent in us all, and fulfill our obligation to share our experiences, strengths, and hopes with one another. 
Love Ya’ll     Love: “The act of being one”

I still feel the same way y’all, still gon try to be one with all of you as I continue to write these blogs, and request that you feel free to holla back whenever you detect me falling short of that endeavor.


I’ll holla…

To comment or respond to this blog please click on the word comments at the bottom of this page, or email me at grace.calvin187@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. I look at "111 views" [per post] and I think WOW - how many lives you have touched -- that's beautiful ...and actually the posts have likely had that many more views because all the views are ultimately connected, i.e., people who have never even heard of the posts have likely been touched simply by virtue of the impression you might have left on someone during a single view ... and so on and so forth! It could also mean that what you've shared is touching some people very deeply, in that some people are returning a 2nd time or 3rd time to the same post. And depth of connection is valuable, too, I feel - even if often not touted as often as one's breadth of connection. Moreover: I LOVE what you put regarding 'BEING ONE'. 111. One-one-one! It all matches up! I think it's natural to check the data from time to time, and it seems the key thing is for us to remind ourselves that the data are not a reflection of truth. As you point out, data can give us an opportunity to ask "who is looking at data?" Everyone gets caught up in the external data sometimes. It seems that the online world - where statistics and data are so easy to get hold of - gives us that much more opportunity to be disciplined about how we tune into that data and how we make sense of the data. And that, in turn, can give us lessons on how we are interpreting the non-online world around us...the data surrounding me at this very moment as I type. I was thinking then - what if we can use that data in a way that deepens connection? What is the outside reflecting back to me? Who is this reading? Who is thinking? Who is this typing? To whom am I writing? Incidentally just earlier this afternoon, I was seeing a pattern of sorts based on some conversations I was having and some research I was doing with regard to solving a challenge. I was then experiencing a seemingly familiar scenario, and close to getting caught up in the story of it. So now you see how your post has aided in my own centering, in case my attention was drifting elsewhere. I am here and now and whatever was that storyline seems as if it never happened. Now I see the storyline was perhaps the opportunity to remind me to surrender and get curious and keep my eyes peeled for the path that is being revealed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're such an inspiration and motivation Manisha, and I so appreciate your continued support. May we remain as ONE....

      Delete
  2. Thank you Righteous Reverend, and may you be BLESSED in your every endeavor.Please keep being you and doing what you do.

    ReplyDelete