Friday, July 6, 2012

Keepin Secrets And Tellin Lies


While in Florida a couple of weeks ago, my nephew Nate and I were discussing some of life’s challenges and he surmised that a lot of society’s problems stem from people ‘keeping secrets and telling lies’. Now I don’t entirely remember the content of that particular conversation, but I do recall telling my nephew how clever and catchy a phrase he had employed, and to not be surprised at my using it as a title for a blog posting. Well Nate, and all of you…here it is.

Rather than discuss the pitfalls keeping secrets and not conveying our experiences and intentions to one another, and how the practice of which causes us to fabricate the truth, let me just give my opinion and personal modus operandi. In dealing with life and my interaction with others, my intent is to keep my life an open book. I think it imperative that we openly and honestly share with one another so that we can help the other to avoid the discomforts we have already experienced, and also to collaborate on the steps to be taken next in our ongoing quest for harmony and peace. We already know that what’s in the dark will inevitably come into the light at some point, so why not negate our fear of not being liked or being looked down upon and tell it like it is now instead of trying later on to convince ourselves or others that we were only trying to protect them.

Expressing my experiences and hopes through the writing of this blog has allowed me an opportunity to publicly share my strengths and weaknesses, character assets and defects, and inadequacies and capabilities. By so doing I have hopefully shown that we all have stuff to work on, and have been prompted by you, whether you know it or not, to work on my own personal stuff in the hopes that I can come back and let you know that all is well. There’s also going to be some stuff about me in the book I plan to finish within the next couple of months, that you really don’t want to miss. I’m telling you this because in doing so it causes me to work a little harder, and because it is my hope that exposing the truth about me, will set myself and all my readers free.

Thanks Nate for the OK in using your stuff, and thanks to all of you for your time and attention to mine.






Wanna add a lil’ somethin somethin?  Click on comments at the bottom of this page, or email me at grace.calvin187@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment