Tuesday, May 3, 2016

LIVIN IN THE NOW

I know y’all are just as tired as I am of people like Tupac, Michael, Prince and others dying of questionable causes, and then trying to figure out what happened to them, after the fact. Here we are theorizing and hypothesizing, discussing and concluding, yet we have no viable grounds to work from. Fact of the matter is, the best we can do is to have an opinion of what occurred, and take it from there.

Tupac did an alleged expose on the illuminati, and spoke of how they are a major proponent of the inequity that exists within race and class, Michael unabashedly repeated time and time again that “…they don’t really care about us”, and both he and Prince waged a major war against multinational entertainment conglamorate Sony, and theoretically won. They, and many others, of celebrity and non-celebrity status, have fought and died for what they believed in, and although I don’t have the insight and acumen of Dick Gregory, of one thing I am sure, even though we don’t know the half of what’s really going on, we have the resources and wherewithal to not only find out, but to do something about what ain’t on the up and up, and what ain’t in the best interest of us all.

How? Let’s stop talking about what Jay Zee and Beyonce are on until we talk to them. After all we get information about them, from the same source that informs us of what happened to Whitney, and we don’t believe that, so why are we even considering what’s being said about Beyonce having all of a sudden become a black activist, and  about to tell Jay Zee that all his stuff is “…to the left.

Let’s start looking at ourselves and literally asking our selves…”What you on. What you doing about you. We spend way too much time vicariously living our lives through others. We’re rying to make them who we want ourselves to be, we’re putting them down when they don’t live up to our expectations, and then we cry when they leave this earthly realm and say to ourselves…” That ain’t right what they do to our people, and then they lie about what happened. Who is they? It ain’t the illumanti, it ain’t the powers that be, it ain’t the one percent…It’s us Boo, cause we’re allowing stuff to happen and contributing to its perpetuation by not being all that we can be.

Once we get even a vague idea of who we are, once we make a decision to be better today than we were yesterday, and once we purpose to unconditionally give of ourselves to others, we won’t have time to be looking at somebody else’s life, cause we too busy looking at ours. You see, if I’m in your mind then I’m out of mine, and can’t do anything about either of us. However, if I’m working on me, it don’t matter what you doing cause I’ll be able to constructively deal with whatever’s going on, with you and everybody else.

We can stop being tired of what’s happening to us, by adamantly addressing what’s going on inside us, and then collectively resolving what’s going on around us.

I’ll holla…


To comment or respond to this blog please click on the word comments at the bottom of this page, or email me at grace.calvin187@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Calvin. What a great reminder to keep my/our eye on the ball and to know where that ball really is. I was thinking that the only 'powers that be' are within. That power within each of us...and within all of us. This section of your post resonated with me in a solid gold way: "Once we get even a vague idea of who we are, once we make a decision to be better today than we were yesterday, and once we purpose to unconditionally give of ourselves to others, we won’t have time to be looking at somebody else’s life, cause we too busy looking at ours. You see, if I’m in your mind then I’m out of mine, and can’t do anything about either of us. However, if I’m working on me, it don’t matter what you doing cause I’ll be able to constructively deal with whatever’s going on, with you and everybody else." What I am hearing is that we decide and we don't have to wait on anything or anyone in order for us to make that decision. That time - as you put it - is NOW, and that's when we are truly LIVING. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Manisha...You totally got what I was trying to convey...

      Delete
  2. Two thumbs up! I enjoyed that and I needed it. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you My Brother, and I am humbled and honored that I was allowed to be of help to another...

      Delete