Sunday, June 24, 2012

What's Making You Itch?


This itching is really bothering me. I don't know what's causing it nor how to stop it. I ask God on a pretty regular basis but have yet to get an answer. Is it my nerves, something I'm eating, or a combination of both? Is it a metaphysical manifestation of some lack in my character, or an indication of a shortfall in terms of what I should be doing with my life. Maybe it's because I don't drink enough water to adequately release the toxins that have been activated due to the change in eating habits, and now they're trying to exit through my pores. Whatever the case might be, it's certainly an aggravating situation.

Don't we all have this itch at some point or another...this perpetual annoyance that beset our lives with a yearning for it to stop? " I gotta get out of here" we cry, "Let me go." But it won't stop, it refuses to let us go. Then we concede and half-heartedly accept it because there are other things going on outside of this itch that we must give our attention to. As we try to convince ourselves that some day it will go away, and as our hope is continuously renewed by its subsiding from time to time, we tell ourselves over and over that soon it'll be gone and we'll be at peace once more. After all, we surmise, we are whole and complete, made in the image and likeness of God. It's just a matter of recognizing and reminding ourselves of that fact, and allowing ourselves to be at peace with whatever circumstances and situations we find ourselves in.Then, when we are prepared to receive it, the answer to our seeming dilemma will present itself.

Whoop, there it is. I know what's going on. Something is trying to get out and I'm inadvertently holding it in. I've got to determine what the cause(s) of the anxiety that's going on inside of me is; and then address and release it by making it manifest in, or removing it from, my everyday life experiences. It might be the book I'm writing, the mission I'm on, or the major endeavor we're all involved in...more love, more peace, and more joy. On the other hand it could be those organic potato chips or those chocolate bars reportedly sweetened with raw cane sugar. What and whatever it is, I've got to let it out, got to let it go cause then and only then will the itching stop. Let me get on it now.


Wanna comment or help a brother out? Click comment or email me at grace.calvin187@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Very well said Uncle Calvin! I do understand and life is so interesting.Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love for responding, and thank you even more for understanding.

      Delete