Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Where Do We Go From Here?

There's a term called 'transference' which can be loosely translated as believing that what I've done to others is what they're trying to do to me. White folk went to Africa, Asia and the Americas for the specific purpose of conquest and control. The fact of the matter is that they 're still benefitting from these subjugations and are fearful they'll lose what they erroneously claim as their own to the people they took it from. 

Some white people think that black folk want to live where they live, have our children go to school where their children go, and eat in the same restaurants they eat in. It’s a known fact that likes attract, and I believe that most of us love living around, going to school and breaking bread with people of our own persuasion. All we black folk really want is access to the same quality of housing, education, food and drink that's available to ya’ll.

Let's call it like it is. Black people were not conquered, and are not still being controlled solely because of the perpetuation of white supremacy and nationalism, it's also because we inadvertently support disunity. We're going to have to quit looking at the differences within our race, quit complaining about what somebody else is doing to us, and figure out we need to do to enhance our cultural commonality. I personally call out to Black churches, black businesses, black organizations, and even black gangs to come together and pool our financial, historical, and especially our human resources to regain our status of a loving, caring and fair minded people. Black folk, I know who we are, I know where we've been, and I know what we're capable of doing. We been through it y’all, so let's get to doing what we know how to do, and stop looking to others to do it for us.

As for everybody else....just do you. I know that if we all adhered to the spiritual concept of treating each other righteously all would be well, but I don't know how to implement that consciousness into somebody with whom I'm not totally familiar. What I can say however is, “Let's everybody go home ya’ll." Where is home? It's where you make it, as long as it ain't in somebody else's house. Later for wanting what somebody else got, let's build something on our own that we can allow others to check out, without the fear of having  it taken from us.

I'll holla....


To comment or respond please click on the word comments at the bottom of this page, or email me at grace.calvin187@gmail.com














No comments:

Post a Comment