Tuesday, May 22, 2012

God is Good... Some Of The Time?

Ain't it something how aware we are of the Goodness of God when all is going our way? Then when we experience a setback or become uncomfortable in a situation we forget that God is still present. Whenever we feel that we're all that and a bag of chips, and a Pepsi, and a Kool Filter King, and are totally conscious of God’s Presence in our lives, we have no problem expressing this Holy Alliance. But let one thing upset us and we immediately allow our E.G.O. (Easing God Out) to take center stage and forget that we choose whether or not we want to stay connected to the ONE that is in each and every one of us. If we ever feel used, abused, and abandoned it’s because we choose to, cause God gon always do what God Do.

I'm a true believer in things happening when they're supposed to, and that it's not about what people say or don’t say in our everyday situations. It’s not about what people do or don’t do either. Instead, It’s all about how we respond to the components (people, places, and things) of the particular circumstance. If God is Present in every situation, and if God is GOOD, then every situation God allows us to be in is good. Why don’t we take our focus off of what's being done and look more closely at what God is saying to us through the experience. We’ve all been through times when somebody said something we didn’t appreciate, or times when even our children or spouses didn't heed what we knew to be in their best interest. Well how about taking our focus off them and taking a deeper look at ourselves. How about reassessing our own motives, determining what God’s Purpose is for us being in a particular situation, and then making a conscious effort to accept God’s Will even if it doesn’t coincide with our own.

My niece Tanya had a surprise birthday party in Chicago, this past Saturday, that was off the chain. I went there with the express intent of being loving and supportive, but left with a lot more than I came with. During the party my neice Crystal approached me, gave me an extremely warm hug and said “Uncle Calvin I just love your Blog”. Her mother Dina embellished that statement by reassuring me that Crystal not only reads the postings, but reiterates the content of what she has read. A little later on my niece Keisha commented that she reads the blog as well and stated, in an apologetic manner mind you, that she doesn’t take the time to respond. Then neice Dee Dee (the comedienne) let's me know that she reads them as well and if I put a like button at the bottom she'll gladly click on it, but please don’t expect a response from her either. In addition to all of that, as he's leaving the party, my brother-in-law John says he's patiently waiting for the book to come out. Now albeit my head got a bit swoll, I could not help but recognize the Goodness of God.  

In retrospect I recall my April 17, 2012 blog, Seeing Me In You, where I mentioned that I had been displeased with the lack of comments being received. My intent is to uplift and give the Word to others, so why wasn't I receiving notification that my job was being done. Well the truth is that I wasn't ready to receive it. I needed a few more humbling experiences to let me know who calls the shots, and in Whose time things take place. I still appreciate the responses to that particular blog, but in spite of their validity I still wasn't feeling the total Presence of God. Tanya’s party allowed me an opportunity to reflect and truly come to terms with the fact that God is always on time, and not only present in the good times when we’re skinning and grinning, but also when the times ain't so good like when we’re not getting what we want when we want it.

I'll be so glad when all of us get to experience heaven on earth on a regular basis. That place where peace can be found in every situation, and we can sense and appreciate the Presence of God even if things are not going the way we would like them to. God is Good. All the time, and whatever happens to us is a blessing or a lesson. Let's prepare ourselves to receive and be grateful for God’s Good, no matter in what form it may appear. Cause the party will come and, when it does, we'll be the ones celebrating the hardest.


Had a ball Tee Tee and the rest of ya’ll. Thanks to God and all of you for being there.



Wanna holla back? Click comments or email grace.calvin187@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Wow Uncle this is just for you! LIKE! Keep it up and please believe we are reading and receiving the message. Thanks for being you love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hitting that LIKE button Ms Maddie and know that I appreciate your support. Love you and I pray for continual uplifting.

      Delete
  2. Hey Cal,

    Thanks for keeping it real and making all of us realize we must stop with our EGO problem(Easing GOD Out). In every situation in our lives we must remember GOD is good all the time, if we would just stop hosting our own pity parties and look and the real lesson God has just taught us we would all be in a better space in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for making it plain Gina, cause we definitely need to stop throwing those pity parties. Stay in that better space.
      Love you

      Delete
  3. I normally don't respond, but I couldn't resist this time. If there was a LOVE button I would hit it 3 times. This was an exceptional Blog! Keep up to good work and keep the Blogs coming. Love you! Your FAVORITE niece (yep I said it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your response Ms Diva and although I won't publicize favoritism, except to let folk's know that I'm my mother's favorite son, I truly respect your confidence and boldness.

      Love you back!

      Delete